A two part Guide on how to GEO Target a sub folder – Part 2
Last week we talked about what Geo Targeting is, why you would want to do it and the benefits. In this post we will explain how to set it up using your Google Webmaster Tools account. If you don’t already have a GWT account set up then watch this video: Adding and Verifying a Website in Google Webmaster Tool
How to Geo Target a folder.
Once GWT is set-up you then need to set-up the folder that is to be geo targeted. To do this you actually set it up as a new site under your main sites GWT. So…
1. Once you are logged in, click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL including the folder like http://www.example.com/uk/, and continue
2. In the Name box, type a name for your site (for example, MySite – UK Geo Target).This is optional but helps with organizing especially if you have many folders you want to Geo target.
3. Select the verification method you want, and follow the instructions.
4. On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want “http://www.example.com/uk/” or the name you have chosen like MySite – UK Geo Target.
5. Under Site configuration, click Settings.
6. In the Geographic target section, select the option you want.
7. Job done, your folder is now Geo targeted to the region you have chosen, in this case the UK. Any pages you add within this folder will also be Geo Targeted to the UK.
Click here to download the instruction of How to GEO Target a sub folder.